Get ready for intense one-on-one fighting.
Dual Souls (DS) is a reboot of the original title (Dual Blades) was released back in 2001 for Nintendo Gameboy
Advance handheld (sold in US and JP territories). GBA version featured large, colorful fighters and
deep/technical/strategic fighting game system which received reviews about it is being an interesting
mix of other 2d fighting games.
However, Dual Souls includes a lot of changes and additional features over its spiritual ancestor not
only in fighting system department but in new game modes, new fighters and new ideas which is
newly introduced to the fighting game genre.
Inspired by classic fighting game series like Street Fighter 3, Last Blade, Samurai Shodown and Guilty
Gear, Dual Blades’ main goal is to be a rich online-experience enabled, fast, easy to access and
tactical fighting game.
- Fighter customization in a 2D fighting game: Create and customize your fighter by playing
“Journey” mode. Fight against other customized fighters online. Customization and
upgrading can be done by paying in-game currency (medals).
- Fast and Furious Gameplay.
- No input barrier. Classic complex motions of fighting games are intentionally avoided in DB’s
design to allow player focus tactics. The most complex motion is a “Quarter Circle” which can
be easily done using either a gamepad of arcade stick. Even more, these motion can be
performed with a single button press by choosing “Combo Mode”.
- Cross-platform Net-play: Challenge players from around the world with Cross-platform ” Net-play” mode which includes:
- Ranked matches
- Versus (room) matches
- Online training
- Replays (Watch played matches of others.)
- Combo sharing (Share your combos and watch other’s combos.)
- Tutorial Lessons: Learn basic and advanced game mechanics.
- Missions: Sharpen your skill with special missions which teaches you gimmicks of each fighter.
- Outstanding soundtrack composed by Chris Roach (Bass/BGV’s/MD for Eric Paslay).
- Traditional Arcade mode: Access each character’s ending and story.
- 10 Rich and Diverse Fighters (+Free DLC). Characters include a dagger-wielding Ottoman warrior who excels in slap attacks; a giant kunai riding ninja; a Kazakh shaman who uses spirits to attack and curse opponents; a half-beast with his pet which helps to create combination attack patterns; a Templar knight who resists and counters opponent’s attacks.
- Cartoon-like HD Graphics – Big and detailed characters and backgrounds.
- Rich Single Player Modes – Arcade/Story Mode, Net-play, Versus Play, Tutorials, Missions,
- Combo Challenges and Journey Mode (survival/customization mode).
- Tactical Features – Enhance your gameplay style and create your own combos with features like: ” Block ” and ” Counter Block ” (similar to “Parry” in SF3 games), ” Recovery ” and ” Power Recovery ” (similar to Roman Cancels in GG games), ‘ Chaos Drive ’ (similar to V-Triggers in SF5), ” Power Escape ” (similar to Burst in GG games) and ” Limit Break ” attacks.
- Defeat your Opponents with Style – Unlock the power of strategic Power (Super) Moves by selecting one ” blue ” type power move at the start of each fight. Access devastating ” red ” type power move by filling your power (super) meter. Access your character’s unique ” Chaos Drive ” by spending your chaos point whenever you wish.
- Finish off your opponents with Style – Cut/Burn/Vaporise/Consume your opponents with your Ultimate Power when they are on low health and you are on the winning round. Trigger stylish Cut-In-Half cutscenes when you beat your opponents with a countered weapon based attack.